Land and Resources Officer Assessment Coordinator, Tr'ondëk Hwëch'in Government (Dawson City, Yukon)
Full Time, Permanent
Posting Date: July 31, 2012
Salary: Level 5 Range ($50,171.19-$60,205.13)
Closing Date 4:00pm (PST): August 14, 2012
Reporting to the Lands and Resources Manager, and in collaboration with other Lands and Resources staff, the incumbent is responsible for assisting in the development and delivery of TH Acts, policy, programs, and procedures as they pertain to lands and resources management. The incumbent is responsible for coordinating TH's participation in the Yukon Environmental and Socio-economic Assessment and related processes. The incumbent is responsible for implementing initiatives related to lands and resources for TH.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit a cover letter and resume clearly demonstrating the qualifications below, as selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide:
• Post-secondary education in a field related to Land and Resource Management, Environmental Studies, Geography, or Environmental and Socio-economic Impact Assessment or the equivalent in training and experience;
• Research, writing, and analytical skills;
• Knowledge of land and resource issues, development activities, legislation and regulations affecting First Nations;
• Ability to understand, interpret, and present legal documents to persons with a range of understanding;
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, in a cross cultural environment;
• Excellent organizational and time management skills;
• Excellent MS Word, Excel, Internet and Database skills.
• Knowledge of land and resource issues affecting TH;
• Knowledge of TH Government and TH Final Agreement;
• GIS and GPS Training;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills,
• Good problem solving and conflict resolution skills and ability to recommend suitable alternatives;
• Ability to work flexible hours;
• First Aid Certificate.
Conditions of Employment
• Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all Tr'ondëk Hwëch'in personnel. Failure to meet this requirement could result in dismissal;
• Standard 1st Aid and willingness to take advanced first aid;
• Valid Class 5 Drivers license;
• Personal Marine Craft Operators license or willingness to obtain.
• Criminal Records Check;
• Willingness to work flexible work hours to meet work commitments;
• Willingness to travel by truck, boat, or air as required.
A detailed job description is available upon request.
"OPEN TO THE PUBLIC"
For more information, contact Human Resources
Fax: (867) 993-6553
Mail: Tr'ondëk Hwëch'in Government, P.O. Box 599, Dawson City, Yukon, Y0B 1G0
Physical Location: 1242 Front Street, Dawson City, Yukon
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.